We all have a story to tell. In many cases, our testimony of what God has done, and is doing, will draw others closer to Him. In a recent blog post, I looked at what it means to be CHANGED THROUGH FAITH. Today, I would like to share the characteristics of being Changed Through Faith, as seen in my own life.
My hope in sharing this list is this: It took me 47 years to start living the way God intended through true relationship with Jesus and obedience to His plans and direction for me. I want you to experience this much sooner than I did!
So, this should not elicit a response of "Oh, that's good for him," but rather, "If it happened for him, that can happen/is happening to me!" I hope it encourages you in your journey.
Feel free to add to the list or make comments below, and please share our ministry with others.
-Brian Goslee, Changed Through Faith
HOW AM I CHANGED?
by Brian Goslee, Changed Through Faith Ministries
- I have more joy
- I have been transformed by the renewing of my mind
- I am calm and peaceful more of the time
- I extend much more grace to my children
- I stress infrequently about money
- I spend more time in prayer
- The Word sinks in deeper, makes more sense, and sticks, and I apply it frequently to my life and conversations with others
- I am not afraid or self-conscious to talk about the Lord to others
- I fully believe God is in charge and He will take care of me
- I fully believe He’s “got” my children
- I fully believe that God has a plan for me that I am following
- I love engaging in meaningful conversation, especially if it builds others up in their faith
- I hardly watch TV anymore
- I rarely listen or watch any news
- (Biggest) I don’t care very much at all about things of this world (this greatly reduces stress)
- I regularly invite the Holy Spirit to be a part of everything in my life
- I pray more
- I praise more
- I love more and see people more as God sees them